Fixed Freedom






This ride was unreal. No plans, just a couple good maps, and some spare inner tubes. Other than the first day the weather was like no other. Day number one was short and sweet, slept in and only caught the train from Paddington at 9:15, was out of down town Cardiff by noon and on my way. Wales is ridiculous, spent day number two bombing through the Wye Valley and the Forest of Dean, honestly felt like I did two hills down for every one up. Winding roads the whole way through, wearing jeans and a hoodie I didn't look or feel like I was going 300km in a few days. Day one and two I was off my bike by dusk and in the pub downing as many Guinness as I could consume before heading to bed. Small town pubs are amazing, good draft and good people are a great combination. Last day was by far the longest haul, made it to Reading by 2:30 and had no idea what I was in store for to make it into The City. Got to the Newington court by half 7 and was able to get a few games in before a much needed rest. Got my only flat about 2km from my place only to realize my rear tire was completely done for, note to self when doing distance brake free, bring a spare.